Time to Talk Health is an NHS service for residents registered with a West Sussex GP who are in need of support to cope/manage with either or both of the following long-term health conditions:
- Type 1 or type 2 diabetes;
- A cardiac condition;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Living with any of these conditions may be difficult to manage. You may become worried, anxious or low in mood, which can lead to deteriorating health. You might benefit from support either to adjust to a new diagnosis or at a later stage as your condition progresses.
The friendly qualified team of specialist therapists and healthcare practitioners work with you and your families and carers in order to achieve the outcomes you want, for example:
- Making and sustaining healthy lifestyle changes.
- Compliance with medication.
- Overcoming fears, anxieties or low mood related to living with a health condition.
- Reducing the impact of the condition on work, family life and other activities.
- Improved education and understanding of the condition and related symptoms.
Working closely with a range of other professionals Time To Talk Health offer a variety of interventions to improve health and wellbeing, such as:
- phone consultations.
- one-to-one sessions.
- online sessions.
- group work.
How to access Time To Talk Health
Time to Talk Health is available 8am-8pm Monday to Friday in venues across West Sussex for anyone aged 18 years+ who needs support living with any of these long-term conditions.
Please call the relevant number below (according to where you live) and our friendly team will help you:
- In Adur, Arun, Chanctonbury and Worthing call 01903 703540
- In Bognor, Chichester and surrounding area call 01273 265967
- In Crawley and Horsham call 01403 620434
- In Mid Sussex call 01444 251084
- Time to Talk Health call 01273 666480
Please complete the online self-referral form which is available any time day or night.
Your treatment may be telephone appointments, workshops, courses or face to face appointments. Your therapist will explain what you can expect from us and discuss tasks which may help you make the most of your therapy (eg: reading, keeping a thought diary or doing a task).
Time to Talk Health is provided by Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust and is an expansion of the existing Time to Talk service. Visit the Time to Talk Health webpage for more information.