For information regarding the 1 April 2020 changes in NHS-funded Nursing Care (FNC), as well as the announcement of a backdated uplift and how this will be paid, please see the changes to NHS FNC rates.
We are responsible for the implementation of the National Framework (2007; last revised in October 2018) for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS Funded Nursing Care and for care planning and commissioning care for individuals who meet Continuing Healthcare eligibility.
The National Framework sets out a single policy on who should receive NHS funding, be that fully funded NHS Continuing Healthcare (where the NHS funds the whole care package) or NHS Funded Nursing Care (where the NHS is responsible for the nursing required from a registered nurse in a care home through a single payment).
CHC assessment documents and tools
The revisions within the National Framework and the revisions within the decision making tools are considerable and health and social care professionals should make themselves familiar with these revisions.
- CHC consent and accessible information form v12
- CHC referral request and health needs form v7.0
- CHC checklist v2
- CHC health needs form v2
- CHC decision support tool v2
- CHC fast track pathway tool v2
- CHC care plan for fast track patients v1.2
- CHC care review form v6
- Acute sector health needs form to request interim CCG contribution v2.0
Helpful information for professionals
- National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS-funded Nursing Care 2018
- Continuing Healthcare fast track public information leaflet
- Help to complete a CHC checklist tool
- Help to complete a CHC health needs form
- NHS England Continuing Healthcare guide for health and social care practitioners 2014
- NHS England national comparisons of all CHC teams’ statistics and information
- NHS-funded Nursing Care public information leaflet